Thursday, May 28, 2026

Catching up, currently and June goals

We are studying this book in Wednesday night prayer meeting. Bring Heaven Here: How The Lord's Prayer Can Change Your Life and Our World.  It's fantastic.  I have read chapter 5 twice now. I guess I needed it again. Life for some reason feels hard and fruitless and discouraging right now. 


But this chapter again reminded me to lift my eyes above. It's easy to miss the miracle when I am constantly looking down. Sighing and grumbling.

I can't believe we are already just days from the end of May, nearly halfway through 2026!  And I am wondering how to make the 2nd half of the year better than the first because so far- it hasn't been that great.

My favorite song right now: Make is Well by MercyMe.  Also Phil Wickham's music always lifts my spirits.


This week I started reading a devotional my best friend gave me a couple years back for my birthday and it has felt like a breathe of fresh air to my weary soul.

Today's reading reminding me, I am just who God created me to be and He still has a plan and purpose for my life. A reminder I very much needed on a day where I feel discouraged over all and displeased with the person I am specifically.

I'm also looking forward to this Summer in the Psalms Bible Study with Women Living Well.

I've let May pass me by without another run and I feel sad about it. I have been walking the dogs and am working on reestablishing a yoga routine. So that's something but I still want to get out and run.

I made sourdough blueberry bagels and while I was a little apprehensive, they turned out wonderfully.


I caught up on Emily's Quilt Block of the Month and am eager to do the next one.


Goals for June:
  • complete 30 days of morning yoga (on day 6)
  • incorporate running 2-3 days a week; hopefully with Puppy Buddy
  • Run at least 1 time at Green Lakes
  • sew my June quilt block
  • catch up on my commonplace book
  • read book 3 of Middlemarch
  • finally clean piano room
  • summer in Psalms Bible Study
  • journal and blog more

No comments:

Post a Comment