For Today {November 10, 2025}
27ish years ago I flew to Mississippi to go to the Marine Corps Ball with my new husband! Just look at those babies!
| 1998 Marine Corps Ball |
Looking out my window First snow of the season! Just a dusting but more on the way...
I am thinking about my goals for 2025... let's be honest- its not been going well lately but I am working on resetting today. After all 2025 is not over yet! So what can I do today to move closer to the Amy I want to be? How can I be more consistent in the remaining weeks?
- drink water- I started having little headaches a lot and I am attributing it to be dehydrated a lot of the time.
- move my body more and be intention about doing so- I am resolving today to do this 30 day beginner workout plan from Nourish Move Love - I've grown increasing tired of how my body feels and how my clothes fit. I want to feel healthy and strong.
- check the boxes in my planner
I am thankful for this study every year! This year it hit especially well.... but maybe I think that every year.
One of my favorite things our ladies bible study this season has been a delight. Tonight was the last one and I feel simultaneously sad and relieved. I always went feeling a little anxious but always came home overflowing with joy and a full and happy heart. Our church in general is a great little community. My best friends are there. My people and I am so thankful for it.
I am wearing had to break out the winter coat today!
I am reading The Second Story Bookshop (cousin book club). I am also on the hunt for our next church book club selection for next week- I'm looking for a holiday rom-com I think...
I am hoping the snow doesn't get too bad tomorrow.
I am learning the difference the bagel button makes on your toaster. I never really used it- I don't know why and had pretty much forgotten it existed. Yesterday as I was getting Sunday dinner on the table- I jokingly commented on the burnt toast crumbs in the butter. Reason being- Rhett's toast at breakfast was brunt to a crisp because I had cranked the toaster all the way to darkest setting because my bagels weren't getting toasty enough. Ryan was like, "Mom, why don't you just use the bagel button?" He proceeded to point it out to me on our toaster. Well let me tell you- I used it this morning and my bagel was perfectly toasted! Who knew? 😆😆😆😆
In my kitchen
Sourdough Lemon Blueberry Focaccia I made for church yesterday. Twas a delight!
Post Script
Our church service yesterday- the message on not grumbling was a reminder I very much needed.
Shared Quote
A moment from my day- a few pics from Saturday
| I finished this book, Through Each Tomorrow, with my lunch- so good! It made me want to go back and read the series again from the beginning. I've got to get the next one on preorder (comes out in the spring sometime). |
| Sweet Chancer |
| Kids Club Donut Class |
| Bruno observing. |
Closing Notes:
I hope November is treating you well. I hope you are safe and warm and cozy today. My thoughts are already turning to 2026 and New Year things but also trying to stay present in 2025 and accomplish what I can today to the best of my ability.
No comments:
Post a Comment