Pages

▼

Monday, January 6, 2025

2024 Reading Wrap up... 2025 Reading Goals

2024 overview via Storygraph

 2024 Goals! Well- it looks like a I didn't do so hot this year 👎

  • Finish Middlemarch Nope
  • 2024 52 Bookclub- (read 4ish a month to better keep up, be more intentional choosing)- Started off strong, fell off 2nd half of the year- scrambling in December to finish (again); but I did finish even though the final two took me into the first few days of 2025 

  • Read one growth book each month to go with the attribute of identity I'm focusing on (ie January is STRONG- Rising Strong by Brene Brown) 4/12
  • Read more of the books I already own (in 2023 I read 24 of my own books, 23% overall) 31 books; 26.3%- so I did improve slightly
  • Read a President/First Lady book Nope- started a couple...
  • A-Z Challenge- alas 6 short
  • Goodreads and Storygraph goal set at 100- surpassed and hit my all time high at 118
Seeing all my 2024 covers makes me so happy- re-reads screws it up as goodreads apparently sees the first date read, not last.  So they are all at the beginning (4).  Otherwise I think they are mostly in order read this year.

Amy's 2024 book montage

Midnight at the Blackbird Café
We Are the Brennans
The Unlikely Yarn of the Dragon Lady
The Words We Lost
Ladies of the Lake
All's Fair in Love and Christmas
Dead of Winter
The Mistletoe Countess
Flight
New York, New Year, New You
Let Us Descend
The It Girl
The Happy Life of Isadora Bentley
The Extraordinary Deaths of Mrs. Kip
Julia Monroe Begins Again
Run on Red
Rising Strong
Fourth Wing
The Maid of Ballymacool
Indigo Isle


Amy's favorite books »


Favorite Books of 2024 - 5 star reads 
  1. The Tangled Tale of the Woolgathering Castoffs, Sharon J. Mondragón
  2. The People We Keep, Allison Larkin
  3. Only the Beautiful, Susan Meissner
  4. The Roads We Follow, Nicole Deese
  5. Funny Story, Emily Henry
  6. Remarkably Bright Creatures, Shelby Van Pelt
  7. The Women, Kristin Hannah
  8. Still Standing, Courtney Joseph Fallick
  9. How to Read a Book, Monica Wood
  10. All the Colors of the Dark, Chris Whitaker
  11. Across the Ages, Gabrielle Meyer
  12. Once Upon a Wardrobe, Patti Callahan
    * The Unlikely Yarn of the Dragon Lady was a re-read so I didn't include it in the list- still an all time fav.
Some other 2024 stats
Over 60% of books from my library/libby/hoopla




Most read genres (this is from fable app, I started using because the faith & fables instagram bookclub decided to give it a go. I don't know that I will continue using to track books because I still love goodreads and storygraph and it feels like this is getting out of control.  BUT I kinda liked a couple of these graphic it created....)




Reading Intentions for 2025
  • I set my goodreads goal at 100 again
  • The 2025 52 bookclub - I want to try and do this 50% or more Christian books

  • Avid Readers of Christian Fiction challenge  (Facebook group) 

  • Read more non fiction (only 9 this year/8%)
  • Read more faith based books (45% in 2024)
  • Slow down, re-read when I feel like it, really pay attention to what I am reading

No comments:

Post a Comment